Aug 9, 2018
I'm a firm believer that compelling storytelling is the key to outstanding talent acquisition. While there is an increased focus on content marketing in our I sector, I fear we are a long way behind other industries.
Time for some outside help
I am delighted to have Shane Snow as this week's guest on the show. Shane is a global best selling author who has written for publications which include Wired, Forbes, Fast Company and The New Yorker. He is also a business storytelling genius and founder of content marketing platform Contently.
Shane shares his thoughts on how we can improve storytelling for recruiting. We also discuss his new book Dream Teams which already has my vote for business book of the year.
In the interview we discuss:
• How business storytelling works and why it is so important
• Using stories to attract great talent
• The power of emotions
• The four elements of great storytelling
• Sharing stories in the recruitment process
• Dream teams and how to build them
• The power of cognitive friction
Shane also reveals which is his favourite Dream Teams story.