Dec 21, 2018
If you listened to the last episode, you will know that I'm ending the year by highlighting two of the areas I believe talent acquisition professionals will be focusing on in 2019. In that episode, we looked at data, in this episode I want to explore SEO.
SEO has always been prominent in digital marketing, but if we're 100% honest, it has never really been a big focus for recruitment marketing. The ongoing rollout of Google For Jobs is, however, going to provide those employers who do decide to have a focus on SEO with a significant competitive advantage.
In the interview we discuss:
• What is Google For Jobs and which countries currently have access
• Why are job boards currently dominating and what is stopping employers taking full advantage of the system?
• How is Google ranking jobs and what can employers do to improve their ranking?
• What results are we seeing?
• The vital importance of detailed and well-written job copy
• Is Google For Jobs allowing employers to access a broader audience?
Venkat also gives us a summary of his top Google For Jobs tips and his predictions for what is coming in 2019